Maya® 3D animation software offers a comprehensive creative feature set for 3D computer animation, modeling, simulation, rendering, and compositing on a highly extensible production platform. Maya now has next-generation display technology, accelerated modeling workflows, and new tools for handling complex data.
What is Maya 3D?
Create 3D animations and visual effects for film, video games, and television on a highly extensible production platform designed to help accelerate pipelines while offering advanced creative capabilities.
- 3D video editing
- Dozens of brand-new features
- Sync your settings and shortcuts to any computer
- Your entire creative world, together in one place.
Meet your Teacher
Some of my highlights
Create large, complex worlds more easily with new Scene Assembly tools for smarter data that help you:
- Manage production assets in Maya as discrete elements, each with complete support for multiple representations.
- Easily swap between certain different representations, varying levels of detail, so you can select an appropriate balance between fidelity and performance for the task at hand.
- Apply, animate, or query edits at levels in the scene assembly hierarchy.
- Track overrides on assemblies via an improved edits system for better collaborative workflows.
- Use the robust API to customize the toolset to create proprietary solutions.
Mark up animation directly within the 3D scene with the Grease Pencil, an intuitive animation tool that directors, clients and others can easily use to record notes and mark up performances.
Quickly and easily diagnose and fix broken file paths with a new File Path Editor, and work with non-local data with new URI support.
The Good Stuff. Is Here