Because it is open source—meaning simply that all of its code and files are free to use, customize, and enhance—WordPress technology has been harnessed by thousands. From curious individuals to freelance professionals to Fortune 500 companies, people all over the world use WordPress because of its many powerful features. These include a templating system, workflow, search-engine friendly link structures, advanced content categorization, and more….
What is Word Press?
WordPress is most popular for its packaged application, which can be downloaded for free at WordPress.org and installed anywhere as the basis, platform, and structure for an entire website. It also offers free blog services online at WordPress.com.
Meet your Teacher
Some of my highlights
Are you looking to start a website?
There are three steps I walk you through in order to help you start a website on your own.
1. Get a domain name and hosting.
2. Install WordPress and plugins.
3. Install and configure a theme.
We will build a website with the WordPress platform. Here are the features that it will have:
1. A home page with a slider and featured content.
2. A blog page with featured, recent blog posts.
3. An about page with a sidebar to configure.
4. A contact page with a contact form and captcha.
5. An “About The Author” widget in the sidebar and footer.
6. A Newsletter opt-in form in the sidebar and footer.
7 Social icons linked to your social profiles.
8. A fully responsive design so it displays well on any device.
With this class you’ll complete your own websites.
The Good Stuff. Is Here!